Monday, August 20, 2012

The First Day of School

I've been waiting all summer for this day...the first day of school for ALL my children.  I've not had all my children enrolled in school EVER in my 23 years of married life (22 of those years with children). It's not that I'm ready to get them out of the house, it's that I can't get the organizing/exercising/praying/daily Mass attending/you name it done with everyone underfoot and wondering what I'm feeding them next.  I need time to plan and organize so that we can finally have an organized and peaceful home. Yes, I do believe that to be possible even if it kills me getting there.

True confession time...we ate junk this summer, and a lot of it! We all gained weight, too.  It's time to practice what I preach and get the junk out of our lives and diets. I'm going to break off my affair with that other man, Papa John and say good-bye to Happy Hour at Sonic, as well. I just turned 50 this past weekend and am determined to make the next 50 healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment